Beauty Tips ArchiveEach time we have a newsletter, we will feature beauty tips. If you would like to join our newsletter, you can do so by entering your email address into the box on the bottom of our home page.
June 14, 2006
1. To help avoid prickly heat rash on your body, pour a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda added in it and add to your bath water. Splash your body and then get out and dry off.
2. To help your Eyeshadow stay on longer, apply a very small amount of your foundation to your eyelids before applying your shadow.
June 12, 2006
Your skin type is the first step in the right direction of knowing how to care for it. Below are the major kinds of skin types:
OILY SKIN: Skin has the tendency to look dull and greasy; therefore they attract lots of dirt and impurities that can clog the pores. Pores are generally large and visible with coarse or thick texture. Skin feels oily to the touch and tends to get acne more often. This type of skin needs thorough cleaning routinely to help unclog pores. For oily skin, it helps if you use a cleanser with Vitamin C to help give skin that sparkly look.
DRY SKIN: Dry skin is usually dull looking and flaky especially around the cheeks and eyes. Pores are fine and have a papery thin texture that is dry to the touch. This type needs constant moisturizing. Try to avoid the use of soap as this will dry it out more.
NORMAL SKIN: This type of skin has pores that are visible but they are not to large. Skin texture is not fine or thick and it doesnít feel dry or oily to the touch. Normal skin is very rare. Itís one of the best types that retain freshness, attraction and flush looks for a long time. Skin requires very little makeup. Usually best if washed with soft water. To maintain the glow of your skin, it is important to take off your makeup before going to bed using a good cleansing cream. Try to let your skin go natural once a week without any makeup so your skin can breathe fresh air.
COMBINATION SKIN: Most people have this type of skin. Most areas are normal while parts are oily. Usually oilier around the nose and forehead and the eyes and cheeks are dry.
June 7, 2006
Makeup for Parties
1. Prepare your face for by cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
2. Select a matching shade of foundation. Apply a darker shade on the broader parts of your face which you want to recede.
3. Apply powder and then blush your cheeks, adding color gradually. Use some blusher on the sides of the forehead and chin also.
4. Use an eye shadow kit with a highlighter. Apply some highlighter on the space beneath the brows. Apply the medium color on the upper eye lid only. Sweep the darkest shade on the crease, between the two shades and blend well.
5. Put a little dark eye shadow also beneath the eyes, touching the lower lash line, with a thin brush. Start from the outer corner and extend it just a little. See what suits you. This adds more color to your eyes.
June 5, 2006
1. Before applying lip color you will need to ensure your lips have been moisturized, as well as foundation/powder applied. Outline your shape with a lip pencil in natural or a toning shade to the chosen lip color. Apply lipstick with a lip brush. Then blot by "kissing" a tissue held between the lips, and then reapply more color. Choose color tones in either warm or cool tones to suit your complexion.
2. If you have dark circles under your eyes, do not apply eyeliner until dark circles are covered with concealer or else your eyes will appear too dark. The use of foundation over the eye lids provides a smooth matt base and it helps stop creasing.
May 22, 2006
1. Split ends, (or trichoptlosis), happen when the protective cuticle has been stripped away from the ends of hair fibers. Split ends are more likely to develop in dry or brittle hair, and typical causes of damage include excessive dying or vigorous brushing. Once the hair cuticle is removed, it is impossible to replace. Typically the hair splits into two or three strands, and can be as long or two to three centimeters in length. The best treatment is to cut off the split end of the damaged fiber.
2. To add shine to hair- For Fine Hair: Look for a shampoo that has wheat proteins and polymers as ingredients. They coat the hair shaft, making it appear thicker. Also use spray volumizers. They are light enough to deposit a light mist of shine in droplets on the hair without wilting it. For Normal Hair: Use a shampoo that has silk amino acids that add softness and repairs the hair structure. Also look for Lecithin which restores hair texture. Styling products such as gels and creams will add shine without weight. It is necessary to pour the product in your palm then rub your hands together, and lightly pat over head. For Thick Coarse Hair: The best shine enhancers for this type of hair are pomades. They work not only to deliver shine, but to moisturize this type of hair.
May 8, 2006
Prepare your face for receiving makeup by first cleaning it with cleansing milk. Apply a toner to remove the left over cleanser and to shrink your pores appearance. Massage some moisturizer before you start with makeup.Use a small amount of foundation (If you do not have a smooth
complexion you may wear it by adding some water or toner to the foundation to make it translucent). Follow by patting on some powder and highlight your cheeks with very little color on the apple of your cheeks with a powder blusher. Cream blusher may give a worn out look by the evening. For eye make-up, use a liquid eye liner to
define the eyes. Apply a single coat of mascara to finish the look. Finally apply your lipstick, and blot with a tissue paper for a more natural look.Remember to do your makeup in natural light and not in a closed room under artificial lights.
April 17, 2006
Half the problem of preventing damage is the type of hairbrush you use. Most damage happens when the hair is wet, and if you detangle.
1. When combing wet hair use a big tooth comb and detangle your hair from end to root. Try not to touch the root at all.
2. For short hair use a brush with soft protective bristles as you shape and blow dry your hair to youíre sought after look and if you need to tease your hair for a little height, use a pick.
3. For medium length straight hair, use a paddle brush with soft protective bristles to help you comb out and blow dry your hair.
4. For medium length wavy bobs use a large round brush to blow out the kinks and curls.
5. For long hair past your shoulders, use a thick, loose toothed brush or a big round ceramic brush to help you blow dry your long hair straight. Flip the ends out if you
want to be a little sassy with the same brush, creating two looks.
April 13, 2006
1. To avoid frustration when applying self-tanner. First,
apply it only to clean, dry, exfoliated skin. Apply to one
small area at a time, paying attention to applying it evenly
and thoroughly. Make sure the room youíre applying it in isnít
hot or steamy because thatíll make the self-tanner run. Always
wash your hands when youíre finished. Then youíll have no
problem attaining the tan you desire.
2. Before applying make-up always start with a clean face.
Use toner on your face first and then apply moisturizer, to
enable better blending of foundation/concealer. Work your
foundation onto the face with fingers in circular motions,
working one area at a time, say from forehead down one
side of face, then down the other side with quick motion.
Blend downwards and outwards with a makeup sponge.
April 7, 2006
1. Puffy eyes, in many cases, are caused by a number of things, for example, lack of sleep, a diet high in salt, drinking excess alcohol, or an improper contact lens fit. For some people, itís just a part of their natural complexion. But there is relief available through cosmetics. First of all, whatever makeup you wear, be sure to take it off at night Ė and donít rub your eyes when you do it. Cool compresses applied to the eyes in the morning
can help, but if you donít have time for that, just keep your eye cream/ moisturizer in the fridge. Cosmetics are wonderful products. They enhance your natural beauty. They minimize your weaknesses. They camouflage any blemishes, and basically perfect the attractive look that you want to have.
2. Seasons change, and so does the condition of your skin. In the winter, your skin can get dry, so you need to use an appropriate moisturizer to add additional moisture to your skin. In the summer, the skin can get oilier, so youíll want to use a lighter product on your skin. And, of course, youíll need to be diligent about using sun block and sunscreen products, to prevent ultraviolet damage to your skin.
April 3, 2006
1. Always work with newer mascaras. If your mascara is
older than three months, it's already drying out, so it will go on
uneven, thick and goopy. The newer the mascara the better, it will
go on so much more smoother that it can give your lashes a fuller
look without clumping.
2. If you have very oily skin, you need to pay close attention to the
cosmetics that youíre using. Matte foundations provide a good base.
Make sure you use loose powder, not pressed powder, because the wax
that holds the pressed powder together can act like an oil and complicate
March 24, 2006
1. Concealer is best applied after foundation - apply small dots where needed and gently pat into the skin, then wipe with a sponge to remove excess. Concealer can be applied with a sponge or brush using the tips. If you feel a little more color is needed add to the spots, and blend again with sponge. 2. Use Translucent Loose Powder to set makeup using a large soft brush and dusting over the face quickly in a downward motion. If the skin is more mature just use powder in the T-Zone of forehead, nose and chin.
March 22, 2006
1. To apply mascara look straight into your mirror with
your chin slightly lifted so you can see your lashes. Insert
the wand only once and twist, donít pump. Pumping can break
the brush bristles and distribute the mascara unevenly and will
dry out the mascara faster. Start by rolling the wand from root
to tip in an upward motion. Reinsert the brush and apply again.
If your eyelashes are thick and long they may clunk together. If
this happens, let them dry and then separate them with the
corner of an eyebrow brush.
2. Eye shadow is about creating illusions by highlighting and defining
the eyes. Eye shadow is used to create depth to bring out the beauty
of the eyes. A dark color used on the lid will make the eye appear smaller,
while a lighter color will make it appear larger. Light colors cause the eyes
to open, dark colors will cause the eyes to recede.
March 14, 2006
1. Skin firming creams can help protect your skin from aging prematurely as well as from forming wrinkles. Your skin is constantly aging and skin firming cream products prevent your skin from aging before its time Skin firming creams can make you skin feel remarkably more radiant by transforming your complexion. Eye creams with firming ingredients reduces puffiness to reflect the vitality of your eyes. Skin firming creams will keep your skin firm while hydrating continuously to leave you with a healthy, youthful glow. With skin firming creams, smoothness is usually immediate and visible signs of aging are greatly reduced. The importance is in starting and maintaining a of skin care regime.
2. Mascara opens up your eyes and helps to bring out the best features in your eyes. Mascara is the perfect solution after adding eye makeup, to bringing out the inner sparkle of your eyes. There are two basic types of mascara, waterproof and regular. Most women wear black mascara because it looks sophisticated and works well on almost anyone. For a more natural eye makeup look a shade of brown may work best for you. Mascara is a key step in a perfect makeover and allows your eyes to make a bigger impact on your overall look.
March 6, 2006
1. Before applying make-up always start with a clean face.
Use toner on your face first and then apply moisturizer, to
enable better blending of foundation/concealer. Work
your foundation onto the face with fingers in circular motions,
working one area at a time, say from forehead down one side
of face, then down the other side with quick motion. Blend
downwards and outwards with a makeup sponge.
2. Concealer is best applied after foundation - apply small dots
where needed and gently pat into the skin, then wipe with a
sponge to remove excess. Concealer can be applied with a sponge
or brush using the tips. If you feel a little more color is needed add
to the spots, and blend again with sponge.
February 28, 2006
1. Cream and stick cheek colors and cheek glimmers are best
when applied just after applying you foundation. This allows them
to settle down before powdering the face. Powder blush is best used
after powdering your face. Cheek color should be applied on the smile,
or apple of the cheek. It should be blended towards the temples in
smooth flowing strokes to give natural shading. Use pale and light
cheek colors during day time and for evenings, weave in additional
cheek colors to accentuate the features because artificial light
drains cosmetic colors.
2. Makeup removers are important for clean skin and should be
used as a cleanser at night to remove makeup. Makeup removers
will cut through face makeup and eye makeup that is hard to remove.
Make sure your makeup removal routine is as gentle as possible.
Always begin with your eye makeup. Take a slightly wet cotton ball
with eye makeup remover and remove all traces of makeup by gently
rubbing each eye until the makeup dissolves, but use a very gentle
touch. Place a small amount of makeup cleanser in the center of one
hand and rub your hands together to generate lather. Lather your
face and gently rub then rinse the face with water. Dry your face
by gently patting it with a towel.
February 14, 2006
1.To make your blush look more natural, be sure to start in the right place.
You should start under the pupil of your eye and blend blush back along the
top of your cheekbone towards the ear.
2. For the new round eye look, apply a neutral brown across the eyelid and
slightly above the crease, making a round shape. Blend upwards toward the
eyebrow. Then apply the same color underneath the bottom lashes.
February 7, 2006
1. Concealer instantly lifts your look. Cover dark circles under eyes and instantly lift your look by applying a yellow-toned concealer. Start under the eye, up to the lash line, and into the inner corner of the eye, gently using fingers. For extra-dark circles, start with a pink-toned concealer.
2. Lip color is the easiest way to change your look from day to evening, and from season to season. The best lipstick shade is one that looks great when you're wearing no makeup at all.
Apply lipstick using a brush for precise application. Use a lip brush to soften and blend any harsh edges.
January 30, 2006
1. To really define your eyes, apply a thin line of eyeliner.
To properly apply the eyeliner pencil or liquid, gently pull the
corner of your eye outward, forming a straight line along your lashes.
Starting at the inside corner and working toward the outside, delicately
trace a line with the pencil angled toward your lashes.
2. Use an eyelash curler to make your eyes look wider, more alert,
and more youthful. It's like an instant eye lift. Place the open eyelash
curler near the lash roots and arrange your lashes between the two rims.
Squeeze gently for thirty seconds.
January 16, 2006
1. If you have oily skin, cleanse only two or three times a day with a product made for your skin type. Washing more often will only strip the skin of oil which simply stimulates the oil glands to replace it. Rinse thoroughly and then finish off with a toner on the oily areas of your skin. The astringent can be used throughout the day to help control the excess oil that appears.
2. Lip colors are the easiest way to change your look from day to evening or from season to season. The best lipstick shade is one that looks great when you're wearing no makeup at all. Apply lipstick using a brush for precise application. Use a lip brush to soften and blend any harsh edges.
December 13, 2005
1. When applying multiple coats of nail polish it is a good idea to wait thirty minutes for each coat of polish to dry before applying the next coat. This allows each coat to set and bond with the previous coat. It is especially important for the first coat to bond to your nail.
2. It is very important if you have dry skin to have a skin care regimen that you follow daily. You should have a good nighttime moisturizer as well as a good day time moisturizer. Make sure you choose a product specifically for dry skin and apply as directed. Develop a routine and make it a priority to care for you dry skin.
December 6, 2005
1. There are several ways to care for combination skin it so that you can keep it both balanced and looking good. Use a mild cleanser on your entire face twice a day. Use a good moisturizer on the dry areas.
2. Look for products that normalize your skin, such as those that contain alpha hydroxy acids and others that have anti-inflammatory properties. Use oil-absorbing cosmetics on oily areas to control shine.
November 29, 2005
1. Apply a lip balm to lips before starting your make-up routine. By the time you have done your eyes and rest of the face, your lips will be moisturized and ready for the lipstick.
2. For a dimensional look, blend two colors of powder or one color of powder atop a cream shadow base. Enhance the look of your eyes with a light application across the lid, reaching up to your brows.
November 15, 2005
1. For the best results from any of your facial products, rub it between your hands, this helps to heat it up, and hence, becomes easier to apply.
2. Toning is essential in winter. Always tone after cleansing and before moisturizing. Toner can soften your skin and even leave some vitamins.
November 1, 2005
In winter your skin needs moisture to keep it supple and
healthy. Winter is a tough experience for any skin type.
1. Apply moisturizer to the skin in a circulatory motion.
Pat your skin with the tips of your fingers gently as if
playing a tune on a piano. This is also a great stimulant for your skin.
2. Before applying your foundation use a moisturizer as a base. For best results, wait until the moisturizer is dry and then apply foundation.
October 25, 2005
1. Lip liner is optional but if you use it, it should go on first. Don't use liner darker than your lipstick, because if the lipstick fades and the liner doesn't, you're left with just an outline. Use neutral or lipstick-matched liner. Starting at the center of your upper lip, draw a line to each outer corner, following the edge of your natural lip line. Fill in color all over lips if you want extra holding power for your lipstick.
2. The most kissable lip look? The same one that's pretty any time: your natural shade with a kick. Smooth lips with lip balm. Avoid slick products, such as Vaseline or anything else petroleum-based (they will make the lipstick slide off). Instead, apply a waxy balm, such as Chapstick and massage into lips with your fingertips. Then let it sink in for a few minutes. Grab a lipstick that lets your lips show through, such as a sheer lipstick or light gloss. When you are finished applying color, lightly kiss the back of your hand. This will get rid of excess product without cutting down on the sheen. Then, gently smack your lips together to even out the color one last time. Pucker up!
October 18, 2005
1. For combination skin, use a mild cleanser on your face at least twice a day.
2. For help with oily skin, use a oil absorbing makeup to help control the shine.
October 11, 2005
1. To really define your eyes, apply a thin line of eyeliner in black or brown, khaki, plum or navy. To properly apply the eyeliner pencil or liquid liner, gently pull the corner of your eye outward, forming a straight line along your lashes. Starting at the inside corner and working toward the outside, delicately trace a line with the pencil angled toward your lashes.
2. Generally, applying two coats of mascara will give enough definition to lashes to really make a difference. Allow the first coat to dry before applying the second in an effort to prevent clumping. If some of the mascara accidentally brushes onto your eyelids or underneath, simply use a q-tip to remove it.
October 14, 2005
1. A light dusting of powder or a small dab of foundation beneath your lipstick can help give it
longer staying power.
2. To help make sharpening your lip pencil easier, chill the lip pencil in the refrigerator for a few
minutes. This makes it firmer and easier to sharpen.
September 13th, 2005
1. Are you unhappy with your upper lip? Try outlining your lips with a lip pencil the same shade as your lips. Next, on the center of your upper lip, use a brown lip pencil and put a second line. Now apply your favorite lip color and the brown line will blend right in and your upper lip will look fuller.
2. Using a lip brush will give you the most precision in applying your lipsticks.
September 6th, 2005
1. Overworked tired eyes need a little extra attention sometimes. Try placing a cold slice of cucumber on each eye. Just lay back and relax while your eyes absorb the cooling effects.
2. Your entire body needs time to re-coop after a long day in the office, a sporting event or intense workout, so indulge in a sensuous hot bubble bath. Use your favorite scent or bath oil beads, bath salts, fizzers or other relaxing bathing products. Give yourself 20 minutes to a half hour and enjoy the soothing suds and warm water.
August 30th, 2005
1. To help your eye shadow last all day, just apply a thin layer of concealer under your shadow. Usually it will last up to 24 hours.
2. To give your face a radiant glow, after you have applied your makeup brush a little baby powder on your face. But just remember that a little bit goes a long way, so donít put to much on or you will look too pale.
August 23rd, 2005
1. Do you know how to shape your eyebrow? It should start directly above the inner corner of your eye and the highest point is just a little past the outer corner of the iris. And taper it off to the end.
2. Hereís a tip if you have trouble keeping your brows looking nice. Spray a little hairspray on a toothbrush and brush your brows. It will help keep them in place.
August 16th, 2005
1. Now that it is summer, people are wearing sandals more often. To help keep your feet their softest, before bedtime, apply lotion on very thick and put on a bootie or sock. Leave on until morning and your feet will feel super soft.
2. Extreme temperatures and excessive blow-drying causes your hair and scalp to suffer. It may take awhile to see dry, peeling scalp, spilt ends and brittle hair. So before this happens, try using moisture-rich shampoo formulas and deep conditioning treatments. Usually immediate results in the texture of your tresses and the way your scalp feels is noticed.
August 9th, 2005
1. Before applying any concealer, foundation, powder, or blush, you need to make sure your moisturizer is completely absorbed or your makeup will slide right off.
2. To avoid the look of having a ring around your lips, only wear dark lip liner if you plan on wearing dark lipstick. Try to use a neutral colored liner that goes well with your lighter shaded lipsticks.
August 3rd, 2005
1. Even if you donít have time before work for your makeup routine, at least use cover-up, powder makeup or a concealer stick to help blemishes and dark circles under your eyes.
2. Also if running late for work, to help bring out your eyes, apply a single coat of mascara so it helps give just enough definition.
July 26th, 2005
1. When removing mascara, use a cotton ball dipped in cleansing lotion for
2. As soon as you have cleansed your face, apply a toner as it helps remove
all traces of dirt.
July 12th, 2005
1. To help cover up dark circles under your eyes, always pick a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than your foundation.
2. For a perfect look, put a little foundation under your eyes before the concealer, and remember the most inner corner of your eyes as this area gets darker.
3. Gently pat the foundation and concealer you apply around your eyes with your finger.
4. Set your concealer with a touch of your face powder.
5. Get plenty of sleepÖ a beauty secret.
July 6, 2005
1. To help keep your foundation on longer without melting, apply your loose powder lightly on your skin first, and then apply your foundation.
2. If your lips are chapped and dry, try putting a little Vaseline or lip balm and with a soft cloth, gently rub your lips to remove the dead skin for healthier looking lips.
3. To make it easier to work with, always keep your make-up pencils sharpened to a fine point.
4. After you open your bottle of liquid foundation, it will stay fresh up to one year. Ones never opened are good up to 3 years. In addition, you should always pour foundation into your palm or use a sponge or fingertips.
5. Your blush should never go below the bottom of your nose or too close to your eyes. To find the perfect area, smile to find the apples of your cheeks. Then start at the center of your apple area, applying blush up and outward towards the corner of your eye and temple. Blush helps to give your face definition and highlights your cheekbones.
June 28, 2005
1. The problem of preventing damage and getting the right hair style is the type of hairbrush you use. For combing wet hair detangle your hair from end to root by using a big tooth comb. Itís best not to touch the root at all. With short hair, try using a brush with soft protective bristles as you shape and blow dry your hair. For a little height, use a pick to tease your hair. A Paddle Brush with soft protective bristles is great for medium length straight hair. And for really long hair, a thick, loose toothed brush or a big round ceramic brush for best results.
2. Tweezers Tips - A thin tip is good for grasping small, fine hairs, and plucking ingrown hair. One with a slanted tip gives maximum control. And a square tip is best used for removing coarse hairs or several hairs at a time.
3. Create a Beauty Survival Kit to have with you at all times.
Here are some suggestions:
Chap Stick or clear lip gloss - it can never hurt to add some moisture and shine with a deliciously flavored lip gloss.
Mini mouthwash - take a small swig of mouthwash to help chase the taste of your lunch, dinner or even strong coffee away.
Mini size perfume or perfume spray - the sense most tied to memory is scent, so let your fragrance linger and leave a lasting impression wherever you go. Hairspray or gel - it is in your best interests to pack a miniature bottle of hairspray or gel, as just a spray here or a dab there will fix any potential problems before anyone else even notices.
Visine and pressed powder Ė Visine applied to a bright red blemish can help tone down the abrasive color, and with a gentle blotting of pressed powder complementary to your skin tone. And also having a concealer stick may also come in handy.
Tissues Ė these always come in handy for allergies or something that brings on the waterworks.
4. If your eyeliner seems to have too much sharpness to it, soften it using an eye shadow brush by adding a little powder shadow of a similar shade.
5. To give your eyes that smoky look, simply apply eye shadow of a similar shade over the line and lightly fan it out. Also helps keep the eyeliner in place.
June 21, 2005
1. A hydrator to use for the eye area can be a basic moisturizer, but treating crowís feet, to reduce puffiness or dark circles, you really should use a moisturizer that is just for the eyes.
2. The eyes have skin that is thinner than the rest of your face so this makes it sensitive. Eye creams are made with lower levels of active ingredients to avoid irritation. Also eye creams have vitamin K to help minimize dark circles, caffeine to reduce puffiness, also diffusers and silicone to plump up crow's feet.
3. A problem for many women is melting eye shadow, but here is a tip to help make it last a little longer. Use a damp eye shadow brush to apply a layer of face powder to your eyelids. It helps the eye shadow stay on for the day.
4. The lashes are the final touch to your makeup. You should always use an eyelash curler as it will make your eyes look wider, more alert, and more youthful. Always before applying mascara curl your lashes as it is like an instant eyelift.
5. The magic wand for creating the illusion of bigger, more expressive eyes is eyeliner. Use liner to line entire top lash line and be sure to go slightly past the corners. Also line the bottom lid line but only on the outer third and go slightly past the edge. A very soft, smoky look will open your eyes better than a thin, dark line. Use neutral colors with a hint of black as bright colors will make your eyes look smaller.
June 14, 2005
1. To give your gorgeous newly plucked or waxed eyebrow shape emphasis, use an eyebrow pencil or tinted brow shadow to subtly fill in any gaps, and even out the natural color tone.
2. Warm a cup of milk in the microwave for thirty seconds (or until warm, but comfortable to the touch). Soak your hands for five minutes to strengthen nails and hydrate skin. Not only is milk loaded with lactic acid, a natural alpha hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates dead skin, but its high calcium content will strengthen fragile nails.
3. To balance unevenly shaped lips, use a lighter colored lipstick on the smaller-sized lip.
4. Oily, dry, combination Ė no matter what type your skin may be, sometimes a normal cleansing routine just isnít enough. Cleansing, toning, refining and moisturizing oneís face daily is a major part of keeping healthy skin.
5. No matter how you go about your facial care routine, using a masque at least once in a while will truly invigorate you, leaving your face silky smooth and soft. Because the results are immediate and purely amazing, you may even find yourself wishing to use a masque more than once a week.
1. To make tweezing easier, try to tweeze immediately after taking a shower or apply a hot washcloth for a few minutes to loosen the hair follicles.
2. Moisturizers made specifically for the eye area contain ingredients that basic facial moisturizers donít and have reduced amounts of other ingredients that can irritate the sensitive eye area. Therefore, you should use a moisturizer designed for the eyes on your eye area.
3. To reduce hair oiliness, avoid conditioning the roots of your hair.
4. Your hands are the used and seen everyday; treat them as well as your face by applying moisturizer to them every day.
5. Cold weather will dry out your lips, wear lip balm to protect them and keep them soft.
1. Before tweezing, smooth the hair with a little moisturizer to help hairs slide out.
2. Use a clarifying shampoo on your hair at least two days before coloring to get rid of build up.
3. To balance unevenly shaped lips, use a lighter colored lipstick on the smaller-sized lip.
4. To save time from having to re-do your nails every couple of days, apply a clear coat to your nails each day to protect the polish from chipping.
5. We can achieve our best beauty image by having a positive mindset.
1. The experts recommend using a clarifying shampoo on your hair at least two days before coloring and to not shampoo your hair the day you get your hair colored.
2. To help ease the discomfort after an eyebrow wax, soothe the area with cool, wet tea bags.
3. To achieve a pouty, sexy mouth, emphasize your top lip by dabbing just a touch of gloss in the center.
4. Studies show that more than one million people will be diagnosed with skin cancer this year, and a strong correlation is linked between those who worship the sun and the disease itself. Wear sunscreen!
5. When combing wet hair use a big tooth come and detangle your hair from end to root. Try not to touch the root at all.
1. To make tweezing your eyebrows easier, do it immediately after taking a shower, or apply a hot washcloth beforehand. This will loosen your hair follicles.
2. Nails longer than one inch are five times more likely to carry harmful pathogens. If you like to have long nails, be sure to be very diligent about washing your hands, and carry an alcohol-based hand gel that can be used to disinfect your hands when soap and water arenít available.
3. To make a round face appear more slender sweep bronze over your temples, cheekbones and under your chin using a fluffy brush. Highlight your forehead, bridge of your nose, cheekbones, and tip of your chin with a light powder.
4. Itís time to get out of your sneakers and boots and into sandals. Donít forget that a pedicure not only makes you feel good, but makes your feet look great in sandals.
5. When shaving, make sure to use a sharp blade. A dull blade will not give you a clean shave and will contribute to razor burn.
1. Having trouble taming your brows? Take a toothbrush and spray with a little hair spray and then brush on brows. The stickiness of the hair spray will help keep them in place.
2. Thin cucumber slices are an old remedy, but still a good one for reducing puffiness and soothing tired, sore eyes.
3. Are your hands and nails looking tired? Get into the habit of wearing rubber gloves when you do any cleaning around the house. Cleaning agents can be extremely harsh on both nails and hands. In addition nails, when exposed to water, swell and then shrink back as they dry, contributing to brittle nails.
4. To keep lips going all day, first pencil all over lips with a soft lip pencil. Apply lipstick over and blot.
5. Drink a glass of hot water with lemon. This Chinese herbal remedy is a sure-fire method of energizing your body. It will de-tox your entire system, including the liver and gall bladder. This means that your body will be able to clean the blood faster to get rid of toxins responsible for bad skin.
1. When filling in eyebrows, you can also use eyeshadow for a more natural look.
2. To keep lipstick off your teeth, pucker lips into an extreme "O". Cover your finger with tissue, and insert it into your mouth. Slowly twist it out of your mouth while pressing your lips around your finger, eliminating any excess color.
3. Get lots of sleep. Your oxygen levels will drop if you donít get enough sleep, meaning that your skin cells will not be renewed as quickly. This is when degenerative skin aging sets in.
4. Make sure to wear stronger fragrance scents in cold weather. Cold reduces a scent's strength.
5. Have frequent hang nails? Lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C causes hang nails. Alter your diet for healthier nails, and a healthier body.
1. If you have typically oily skin, do not massage your skin too much when applying moisturizer on your face. Facial massage stimulates the oil glands to produce sebum, which is the last thing oily skin needs.
2. If getting a facial, make sure to schedule it a day or two before a big event. That way if your face gets red or blotchy, it has time to calm down before picture time.
3. Plucking facial hair will damage the follicles, and poke craters in tender facial tissue. Instead, seek out an alternative method of facial hair removal such as waxing, depilatories, bleach, or a good electrologist to remove facial hair permanently.
4. When applying makeup, stick to the same color family. For example, donít mix a warm lip shade (rust) with a cool blush (pink).
5. Shea Butter is one of the best ingredients for extremely dry, frizzy, coarse, or damaged hair. So, if needed, seek out products with Shea Butter listed in the ingredients.
1. Chlorine and Salt water dry out your hair. Apply a little conditioner to your hair before swimming.
2. To avoid skin irritation, do not shave before jumping into a chlorinated pool or before a massage, salt rub, or any other exfoliating treatment.
3. Do not file into the corners of your nails; it weakens them and can make them break more easily.
4. Do you have frequent forehead breakouts? Keeping your bangs clean will help, and keep them off your forehead when possible.
5. Donít overmoisturize Ė Overuse can be just as bad as not using any all. Slathering it on can lead to clogged pores and blackheads. Your dead skin cells will get ďstuckĒ, as they will have a harder time sloughing off your skin if it is oversaturated.
April 2003 - Version 2
1. File your nails in a shape that mirrors the shape of your nail bed.
2. Good skincare - along with a healthy diet and exercise - is basic to beauty. So at least once, treat yourself to a professional consultation and a facial, just to learn the ropes, along with some guidelines about caring for your skin.
3. Fat - in moderation Ė is a well kept but invaluable beauty secret. It helps your body and skin utilize protein.
4. If you are having problems with break-outs, make sure you keep your pillow case clean since you spend so much time nuzzled into it where dirt and oil can be stored for your return each night.
5. Massage your scalp for a minute - or have someone do it for you - every night before you go to bed to stimulate the blood flow of the roots of your hair.
April 2003 - Version 1
1. When applying makeup, always remember to blend, blend, blend. Use brushes, sponges, puffs, and fingertips to soften the lines of demarcation. Nothing looks worse that rigid lines of color that divide your face into harsh grids.
2. When washing your hair, wash in warm water, neither very hot or very cold, because it opens the cuticle. At the salon, they may shampoo your hair twice because it feels so great, but at home, once is enough.
3. If you decide to start a regular exfoliation regiment, be sure to start with a delicate textured cloth, and rub gently. Once your skin adapts to regular exfoliation, you can grow increasingly more vigorous.
4. Good tools for applying makeup are essential. The best brushes are made of natural bristle, with wooden handles. They ďgrabĒ the powder or blush and allow it to go on more evenly, while the wooden handle provides a comfortable grip.
5. A metal file is more appropriate for picking locks than for filing your nails - itís too hard. Stick with a resin-coated emery board.
1. When applying conditioner or styling products to your hair, do not apply them to the scalp. They can clog pores and cause flaking. Concentrate and the hair only, especially the ends.
2. When filing your nails, file in one direction only. Filing your nails back and forth causes splitting and cracking.
3. If you breakout on one side of your face but not the other, your phone may be dirty and causing your breakout on the side that use the most.
4. Is your skin care regiment not working as well as it used to? Think back to when you purchased it. If it looks are smells funny, or is older than one year old, replace with new products.
5. After waxing, apply a gentle gel such as aloe to the skin. It will help soothe the skin and reduce redness.
1. When you are tired, your skin gets dehydrated. Drink lots of water, moisturize, and choose makeup with hydration. With fatigue, skin looks one shade paler so you may warm it up with a bronzer or blush.
2. To avoid clumping and smudging of mascara, always wipe the mascara wand lightly with a tissue before you apply.
3. If you would like a deeper color or longer-lasting shine out of your lipstick, layer a shimmer or frosted color on top of a matte.
4. To avoid lipstick on your teeth, run your index finger through the middle of your lips and pull back out. The excess lipstick will come off on your finger, instead of your teeth.
5. To avoid overdrying your hair, allow it to air dry whenever possible instead of using the blow dryer.
1. Use sunscreen. 90% of wrinkles are caused by the sunís ultraviolet light.
2. Never underestimate the power of a face mask. A quick mask can improve the look and feel of your skin almost immediately.
3. To avoid acne of the face, avoid the same foods that cause migraines: alcohol, red wine, chocolate, and spicy foods.
4. Do you ever forget to apply your favorite scent before leaving the house or feel like you could use a dab later during the day to refresh yourself? Many fragrances are available in collectible miniature sizes, perfect for your purse for those out of the house moments.
5. Applying face makeup with your fourth finger produces great results. The fourth finger exerts the least pressure, so it doesnít pull on delicate skin and its warmth blends better when patting gently. It is also good to use for applying eye makeup because it fits into all the little nooks and crannies around your eyes.
1. Apply a light coat of powder before and after applying blush. The powder allows for the blush to go on more smoothly and prevents it from grabbing onto oily spots in the skin.
2. Colored or permed hair needs extra moisture, especially in the summer. Before going out in the sun, comb a dime-sized dab of conditioner through your hair and cover with a hat.
3. Concealer can be mixed with crŤme or liquid eyeshadows, crŤme blush, or lip colors to pale down or dilute the application.
4. Instead of pumping your mascara applicator in and out of the tube, try twirling it around instead. Pumping it puts air into the product and makes the mascara dry out sooner.
5. Putting powder over the top of the first coat of lipstick will allow it to last longer.
1. To intensify any hair treatment: After applying treatment/conditioner, wrap your hair in plastic wrap. Then, wring out a towel soaked in warm water and wrap the towel around the plastic.
2. Donít leave your soap in a puddle of water. You are literally throwing money down the drain. Leave it on a soap dish with drainage, or a drainage rack and it will last longer. For extra thriftiness, cut the soap into halves or thirds and use one section at a time.
3. After your nail polish dries, soak your nails in ice water to speed up the hardening process.
4. Both saunas and steam rooms can cause broken capillaries in the face. Before you sit in either, and especially if you move from extreme temperatures, apply a light layer of moisturizer for protection.
5. For puffiness around the eyes, keep an eye gel in the refrigerator, and apply it morning and night.
1. Want to save money AND have your scent last longer? Try layering with perfumed body lotion in your favorite scent before applying perfume. Body Lotions come in large sizes and are less expensive than perfume. Putting on perfumed body lotion before applying your daily perfume will make the scent last longer, and you will require less perfume, thus saving money, and smelling great all day!
2. Are you interested in a finished look to your makeup? Using loose or compact powders over makeup serves to reduce the look of oily skin, diminish pores, and seals makeup for longer lasting coverage.
3. What is the best order to apply makeup? No matter how much or how little makeup you wear, following this order will produce the best results, and is less likely to smudge. You can skip any step you like. Order of application: Foundation, Concealer, Eye Shadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Blush, Powder, and finally Lipstick.
4. If you outline your lips with a nude or light lip pencil, a creamy lipstick will not feather.
5. For an evening out, try these tips instead of carrying around a purse full of makeup. Pack your retractable lipstick brush with lipstick, it is lighter and more compact than a tube of lipstick. This can also be done with a retractable mini powder brush, or carry a small sheet of blotting paper instead of a compact.
1. Donít use testers at a cosmetics counter in a store. The preservatives present to kill bacteria donít have time to work in between uses. If you need to test the color against your skin, use the back of your hand or your fingertip with a fresh applicator such as a cotton ball or Q-tip.
2. In cold weather, warm your moisturizer between your hands for a few seconds before applying it to your face. This will help it absorb better.
3. Keep in mind that your skin does not end at your jaw. When you have time, apply your skin products to your neck as well. Also, donít forget your neck when applying moisturizers and sun screen.
4. Try to carry a small tube of moisturizer around with you, so when your skin feels dry, you can apply it during the day. It is especially good for under the eyes and around the mouth for those areas notorious for fine lines.
5. If you have sensitive skin or are prone to having a reaction to skin care products or makeup, do a skin patch test before applying new products to your face. Apply a small amount to your neck or upper arm and wait 24 hours to see if any irritation develops.
Fragrance Wholesale - Specializing in Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clinique, Arden, and Dermablend Cosmetics. FragranceWholesale.com. Your Discount Perfume, Cologne, and Cosmetics Superstore!